[LON-CAPA-users] No timer for instructor / Reset timer

Stefan Bisitz lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 09 Aug 2010 12:34:35 +0200

Hi,

We have a course with several LON-CAPA problems in different folders.
Parameters are set on folder level, such as open date, due date, timer,
etc. Nothing really special.

I'd like to change the parameters for an instructor (and only for this
person) to allow "free" access to all resources. My idea was to set the
parameters at course level for this specific user. The table mode allows
this, e.g., set "problem type" to "practice" at course level for this
user works fine. But the possibility to explicitly not set a parameter
does not exist for all parameters, especially not for the timer.

I don't know how to manage this. Currently, the instructor is forced to
access the resources with the time limit. To set the timer to the
maximum (one month) is not an option.

Additionally, I can't find how to reset the timer. I thought this would
be somehow possible in the manual grading?!? I can't find any help in
the integrated help or older ML posts.

Thanks,
Stefan Bisitz