[LON-CAPA-users] Text File Uploaded into Course

Stefan Bisitz lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:47:18 +0200

[Re-sent with updated sender e-mail address]

Hi Mark,

Students might want to use the context menu (left mouse click) in the
area where the text file is shown on the screen and choose "Current
Frame >> Save Frame as". A standard file box to save as will appear and
allows to save the text file on the local hard disk, etc.

Stefan Bisitz

Mark Lucas schrieb:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I've got  a colleague who is looking to create a folder and then
upload 10 .txt files into this for download by the students.

 > This works fine with something like .pdf or .xls, but the .txt files
get wrapped in the html wrapper and don't download gracefully. They
appear fine, and could be cut and pasted into another file. Is there
anyway to tell LC to allow the download on this rather than wrap it and
show it?