[LON-CAPA-users] placement testing

Jay Sullivan lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:41:38 -0500

--0016361648b31f8547046622461e

We are considering using loncapa for placement testing for some of our math
classes. We would like to set up a course that contains 3 different
assessments (for the three 3 different math classes we wish to place
students in). I'm sure I can easily set this up.

The tricky part is registering students for this course. Is is it possible
for students to "self-register" for a course. I suppose I could set up a
list of "dummy" accounts (student01, student02, student03, etc.) and then
check them off as students take the test, but I was hoping for something
more elegant.

thanks,
jay

--0016361648b31f8547046622461e

We are considering using loncapa for placement testing for some of our math=
 classes. We would like to set up a course that contains 3 different assess=
ments (for the three 3 different math classes we wish to place students in)=
. I&#39;m sure I can easily set this up.<br>
ble for students to &quot;self-register&quot; for a course. I suppose I cou=
ld set up a list of &quot;dummy&quot; accounts (student01, student02, stude=
nt03, etc.) and then check them off as students take the test, but I was ho=
ping for something more elegant.<br>

--0016361648b31f8547046622461e--