[LON-CAPA-users] Detecting What Part The Student Has Just Answered

H.K. Ng lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 19 Mar 2009 08:21:43 -0400

--=====================_6740640==.ALT

At 09:30 PM 3/18/2009, you wrote:
>Right after the <problem> tag I have these for lines of code:
>
>&EXT('user.resource.resource.2.tries')<br />
>&EXT('user.resource.resource.2.solved')<br />
>&EXT('user.resource.resource.$external::part') <br />
>$external::part<br />
>
>I complete the first part of the problem and then answer the second
>problem incorrectly thrice.  This is what shows up when I view the
>page as both an author and a student (both in the construction space
>and in the context of the course):
>
>3
>incorrect_attempted
>&EXT('user.resource.resource.$external::part')

When calling this function, the argument should be something like
<display>&EXT('user.resource.resource.'.$external::part.'.solved')
</display>  for example

or assign it to a variable within the script tag.

>$external::part

If you warped this with <display></display> it should show up. Or if
you put it within the script tag and assign it to a variable then
display the variable, it will work - I think.

Hope that helps - hk

>I'm not sure if the $external function is not supported anymore or
>if I'm not calling it correctly.  I'm using Firefox 3 if this helps.
>
>On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Mark Lucas
><<mailto:lucasm@ohio.edu>lucasm@ohio.edu> wrote:
>Sean Wolf wrote:
>I'm having problems using $external::part from
>/res/msu/albertel/test/ext_examples.problem
>
>Basically, it doesn't do anything; it doesn't even return a blank,
>it just shows up as text.
>
>--
>Sean Wolf
>2400 Ford St.
>Golden, CO 80401
>(720) 897-7763
>
>Sean,
>
>Can you give some context as to how you are using it and in what
>environment you are working (is this in construction space or in the
>context of a course?). I'm not sure if I can help, but whoever can
>will probably be looking for a snippet of code or the code to the
>sample problem in order to help debug.
>
>Later,
>Mark

>--
>Sean Wolf
>2400 Ford St.
>Golden, CO 80401
>(720) 897-7763

--=====================_6740640==.ALT

Hi,<br><br>
At 09:30 PM 3/18/2009, you wrote:<br>
tag I have these for lines of code:<br><br>
&amp;EXT('user.resource.resource.2.tries')&lt;br /&gt;<br>
&amp;EXT('user.resource.resource.2.solved')&lt;br /&gt;<br>
&amp;EXT('user.resource.resource.$external::part') &lt;br /&gt;<br>
$external::part&lt;br /&gt;<br><br>
I complete the first part of the problem and then answer the second
problem incorrectly thrice.&nbsp; This is what shows up when I view the
page as both an author and a student (both in the construction space and
in the context of the course):<br><br>
3<br>
incorrect_attempted<br>
&amp;EXT('user.resource.resource.$external::part') </blockquote><br>
When calling this function, the argument should be something like<br>
&lt;display&gt;&amp;EXT('user.resource.resource.'.$external::part.'.solved')
&lt;/display&gt;&nbsp; for example<br><br>
or assign it to a variable within the script tag.<br><br>
If you warped this with &lt;display&gt;&lt;/display&gt; it should show
up. Or if you put it within the script tag and assign it to a variable
then display the variable, it will work - I think.<br><br>
Hope that helps - hk<br><br>
function is not supported anymore or if I'm not calling it
correctly.&nbsp; I'm using Firefox 3 if this helps.<br><br>
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Mark Lucas
&lt;<a href="mailto:lucasm@ohio.edu">lucasm@ohio.edu</a>&gt; wrote:<br>

<dl>
<dd>Sean Wolf wrote:<br>

<dl>
<dd>I'm having problems using $external::part from
/res/msu/albertel/test/ext_examples.problem<br><br>

<dd>Basically, it doesn't do anything; it doesn't even return a blank, it
just shows up as text.<br><br>

<dd>-- <br>

<dd>Sean Wolf<br>

<dd>2400 Ford St.<br>

<dd>Golden, CO 80401<br>

</dl>

<dd>Can you give some context as to how you are using it and in what
environment you are working (is this in construction space or in the
context of a course?). I'm not sure if I can help, but whoever can will
probably be looking for a snippet of code or the code to the sample
problem in order to help debug.<br><br>

<dd>Later,<br>

<dd>_______________________________________________<br>

<dd>LON-CAPA-users mailing list<br>