[LON-CAPA-users] Running additional apache applications on lon capa server

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:17:25 -0400

Hi Donald,

No, this is not an option! For both maintenance and security reasons,
we strongly discourage running additional applications on the same
(virtual) server. Particularly looking at Zikula, which is an
application development framework, there are additional stability
concerns.

The effort in editing and maintaining the configuration files would
probably outweigh the savings for hardware; a server with nice
virtualization support is not *that* expensive. Also, even old servers
run virtualization, just not as nicely.

- Gerd.