[LON-CAPA-users] Conditional Branching in sequences and problems

Mark Lucas lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 09 Jun 2009 23:40:38 -0400

Hi,

A colleague at JMU is looking to stretch his coding a bit and is asking
about conditional branching in sequences.

I've played around a little with this, but have never gone so far as to
go into production.

If you have comments/answers for any of the following questions, I'd
appreciate it!

* What are some sample "conditional" or "user input" problems that are
coded in the system, are published as open source, tested, and that
you'd be willing to share with people (for example, having it linked
into showntell General).

* Do you have sample conditional sequences?

* A more technical question - how the heck do we share source for
sequences? We don't have an "Open Source" option for sequences, in part
because it's downright dangerous to dive into sequence XML by hand. Is
there a way to share the source for a sequence so that someone can place
it in their construction space and use it as an example?

Thanks for any input!

Mark