[LON-CAPA-users] "Session Expired" Errors?

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:50:10 -0700

All,

In our studios this semester, several students (always using IE6) are
occasionally experiencing "Session Expired" errors.  This typically
happens when the students have been working on problem for "a long time"
before attempting to enter an answer.  Generally it's just an annoyance,
but for text-box questions, it's more than that, because student's
cannot recover what they had previously typed in.  I don't suspect
anything changed on the LON-CAPA side, as we are still using 2.7.1, but
maybe our computer build guys inadvertently changed something when they
re-imaged the classroom computers over break?  Any ideas would be
helpful.  Students using Firefox don't seem to have this problem (yet).

Thanks,

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics       Office:  Meyer Hall 326