[LON-CAPA-users] How to test a sequence with conditions

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:25:49 -0800

Well... I don't know what's truly  easiest and I'm not doing this on a
regular basis these days.

However, I would just go through the publication/republication cycle
for the sequences involved and monitor what happens in a course which
contains the sequences.  It's not too bad, considering that
publication is  quick, and that, if the same user is both course
coordinator and author, one can choose their course coordinator role,
and still pop directly to editing resources without changing role.
Of course, you have to be logged onto the library server.

The tedious part is when you have to change parameter settings in the
course itself since these generally do not take immediate effect,
which can be confusing and tiresome.

What I generally do is login to the library server and select my
course coordinator role, to do the editing and publishing.
 Then I also login (often using a second computer or at least a
different browser or tab) to an access server, as a different user who
has only a student role in the course.  To speed up observing the
effect of a course parameter change I often logout as this user and
then log back in again on a different server (also clearing my local
browser cache in the meantime, just in case).

Anyway, I look forward to seeing some fruitier suggestions from other authors.

:-)
Ray