[LON-CAPA-users] Using Sequence Editor

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:14:06 -0500

Hi,

On Feb 4, 2009, at 8:30 PM, Robert_Brewington@er.monroe.edu wrote:

> In any event, I am seeing that part of what I want to do is probably
> not going to work. Somehow, I was thinking that if the sequence
> looped back up to the top, the student would be presented with a
> fresh, newly randomized, unsolved version of the first problem.

No, they would get the same version back.

> That may not be clear:( Example:the student solves problem 1, and
> moves to problem 2. If he misses problem 2, I wanted to have it go
> back to problem 1 and have to solve it again (with a fresh
> randomization). It looks like once a problem is solved, it stays
> solved. Do I have a mechanism for making a problem status unsolved?
> I suspect not, so my approach is not going to work.

Unfortunately, nope.

> Similarly, in a "normal" multipart problem, do I have a means of
> making a solved problem unsolved? I think I can do this manually
> through the grading screens, but I don't see a mechanism for doing
> it in code. I suspect that this is a little too weird:)

We do not have an automated way of making a problem unsolved, no.

If this is for practice (i.e., not an online exam or anything), you
can set the problem type to "practice" - in that case, the students
can make their own problem unsolved and get a new randomization.

- Gerd.