[LON-CAPA-users] RE: Wiki...

Ron Fox lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:58:11 -0400

I have to say that I hate software products whose _only_ documentation is a
wiki.  It usually seems an excuse to under-document.  I'm in the yes to the
wiki but as a supplement to formal, well organized documentation...which
wikis hardly ever seem to turn out to be.

For me where a wiki is good is when I pretty much know what I'm doing but
need to search for the answer to some special question.  A really good
example of a wiki that does this is the Tcl scripting language wiki at
http://wiki.tcl.tk  Really bad examples of wikis for documentation.. you
don't have to  look too far to find them.

Ron Fox
NSCL
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1321