[LON-CAPA-users] Course parameters: confusing default sequences
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:43:40 +0200
The semester has just started this week and some of our profs are
configuring their LON-CAPA courses these days. I recommended them to use
the table mode to set the parameters and use the second overview mode
(Modify Resource Parameters - Overview Mode) to check them, because they
can see each single setting there. They are happy with this.
In some courses some strange entries occur in this overview mode. The
names of the default sequences for some sub folders are shown and
parameters are set.
I just did a little test and created a sub folder, imported some
problems and set the question type to practice (as it was done in the
other courses). But the overview mode does NOT show any default
1) What is the meaning of these default sequences? I only now that they
seem to be automatically generated in the background, if a new folder is
2) Do course coordinators need to know about the existence?
3) What has to be done that these default sequences are (not) shown in
the overview mode?
4) What happens, if the CCs delete these settings?
5) Why are they shown at all? The users are confused and me too ;-)