[LON-CAPA-users] Survey Question on Resources

Peter Riegler lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 08 Feb 2008 08:31:35 +0100

> --------------------
> Domain:
fhwf and nds

> For what subject areas do you have system-wide available resources people might
> like to use?

mostly math
some EE and mechanics stuff for mechanical engineers

> Are these appropriate for College, AP HS, 9-12 general or all three?
Most for college-level math. However, there is a number of problems
related to grade 8-12 of German secondary schools

> What are some pointers to these materials?
/res/fhwf/rambke contains the mech. eng. stuff
/res/fhwf/justen for EE
All of /res/nds/ and all the rest of /res/fhwf in particular
/res/fhwf/bellmer and /res/fhwf/riegler/basically focusses on math.

> Any other comments you'd like to add?
We are currently running an inter-university project to provide math
classes with loncapa problems. Currently, most of the problems are
German only. Some of them are bilingual, English and German. We are
aware of the <translated>-tag and in general want to use it more often
in order to make our resources useful globally.
At least we already provide English metadata. So if people are
interested in using our problems, they can push us to translate ;-).
And as a general rule we make sourcecode open.
Also we are quite fancy about problems of the type:
"Give a function with odd parity"
"Give a quadratic function whose slope at $x is $fprime".
That is, problems where students have to synthesize something according
to specs which might not be complete in the sense that you will end up
with a unique answer.

--
Peter Riegler
Fachhochschule Braunschweig/Wolfenbüttel