[LON-CAPA-users] Re: handgrading

Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:09:17 -0700

> To partly answer my own question:
> It seems to me that essayresponse, dataresponse and customresponse all
> 'permit' this parameter.

<dataresponse> is not really functional. I'd avoid it. It was meant to
be used for a pure collection of data that wasn't to be graded. Never
really got completed.

> There seems to be little documentation about dataresponse.
>
> I have been using customresponse to create problems requiring
> handgrading of simple string responses, but suspect that for this
> simple purpose
> dataresponse might be more appropriate?

customresponse is approriate.

> > Is essayresponse the only response type which can have the parameter
> >  "Hand Graded  (handgrade)" set to "Yes"?

You should be able to add the handgrade response parameter to any
functional response and it should work correctly.

Note the use of the word "should."

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-0-6-27,137