[LON-CAPA-users] How to drop students from a course with enrollment start date in the future?

Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:06:32 -0400

Hi Stefan,

> > > Any idea for another temporary solution?
> >
> > a) enroll all students effective immediately, drop the ones you
> > don't  want, and then enroll only the ones you want back with
> > the future date
>
> Thanks, Gerd, this worked.
>
> Two questions left:
>
> 1) Is it correct that - after having dropped the students - the
> classlist with student status set to "Previously had access" shows only
> the previous enrollment end date but no previous enrollment start date?

Hmm, I see a start date and end date here. Is the column blank for
you? Does it say none?

> 2) Am I right, that there is only one single enrollment start/end date
> for each student in each course in the whole system? In other words, is
> it right that students who have been enrolled at an earlier point of
> time, dropped and re-enrolled will only have the new enrollment
> start/end date and that I can never see again the old enrollment dates
> for these students?

Effectively yes.

(The old dates are logged to the roles.hist file in the users
directory, but there is no interface to see the data in this file.)

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-0-9-27,137