[LON-CAPA-users] [Fwd: [Open Babel] ANN: Frog donates code to OpenBabel for SMILES to 3D conversion]

Jim Maxka lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:15:09 -0700

Greetings from medschool -- Here is an interesting development.  Most of
our organic molecules are stored in the smiles format.  Getting
conversions directly from the smiles format to a viewable form has
required lots of work and has never really been gpl until now.

We all know that loncapa is the best cms for chemistry already.  If we
could include this package, I think that it would make our package that
much stronger.

Would there be any interest in working on this?  I think at least one
Guy would give it a thought.
Thanks -- Jim