[LON-CAPA-users] mystery string response

Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:25:17 -0400

Hi Ray,

> I have just one instance in which a student submitted a stringresponse
> answer which, according to PGRD and the "Previous tries" display, is
> identical to the correct answer, but which was nonetheless graded
> "Incorrect".  Re-submission of the unchanged, redisplayed string was
> graded "Correct".
>
> Is it possible that the original response contained a character which
> became stripped from the redisplayed string?   Or is there some other
> likely explanation?

Most likely explanations are that the is some whitespace or other
oddity that prevented the correct grading, or that the problem was
republished and now accepts the previously incorrect response.

Don't suppose you could sent my the details privately?

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-0-6-27,137