[LON-CAPA-users] set maximum number of tries for all problems in a sequence

Tue, 8 May 2007 19:33:28 -0400 (EDT)

> Is there a way to set the maximum number of tries for all problems
> in a sequence in the actual sequence file (XML)?

You can set the maxtries for a resource in a published sequence file,
but you have to do it for each resource individually in the xml file.

(Use the Advanced Editor
- click on the resource, in the popup click on the Set Parameters
- in the new popup fill in the maxtries column
- Save Map, Publish, reinit the course

The column 'Any User, Resource Level, from Enclosing Map or Folder'

Should now have the value you set, this will override any course
default value you had set, but can still be by the CC overriden on a
per resource level.)

> I realize it can be done at the CC level, but I would prefer to code
> it in the foobar.sequence file. Does it have to be done individually
> for every resource or is there a way to set it globally for all
> resources in the sequence?

Sorry but while you can do it in the sequence you will have to do it
for each resource in the sequence.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-0-9-27,137