[LON-CAPA-users] factoring problems, source code

James Sullivan lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 03 May 2007 08:15:56 -0400

I'm looking for some guidance for algebra problems involving factoring. What kind of response type are people generally using for factoring type problems. For example, factor x^2+13x+36

I can see using string response, although it would require checking multiple permutations of acceptable answers. So, what are others using for this type of problem? I found lots of problems involving factoring in /res, but it would really help me to see the source code for problems. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay