[LON-CAPA-users] Re: FW: printing LON-CAPA tables

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:06:40 -0400

Hi Jay,
> Robley, Felicia,
>
> Thanks. I've tried your suggestions and it solves the printing issue.
>
> Is this a permanent solution, or will there be support in future releases of Loncapa to handle printing of <part></part> inside of tables?

There isn't a bug report on this issue, so there hasn't been any
discussion on getting support of handling of <part></part> inside of
tables.  Feel free to create a report.

The <part></part> can print inside tables.  It is getting the table to
size right with the answer boxes inside which is a problem.  You may
have some luck configuring the size of the cells with the TeXwidth
attribute.  See /adm/help/tex/Print_Options.hlp.  However, even if you
get the three column widths just right so the answer boxes print inside,
it still might be difficult to read a three-column layout in a two
column printout so changing the way the problem is formatted when when
output to PDF may be a better solution than using the same format for
the web output.  Please be aware that if you get the TeXwidth just right
for the homework printout and then decide to use this problem in an
exam, you'll have an entire new set of widths to deal with because the
exam question type of numerical problems are converted to select-one
type problems.

Felicia

--
Felicia Berryman