[LON-CAPA-users] printing problems with tables and general printing of 'exams'

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:35:15 -0700

What Felicia says, is a method I have often used.  In the most difficult
cases in porting old CAPA problems I ended up with a seriously interleaved
assortment of <web> and <tex> tags.  Sometimes it MIGHT be worth considering
coding a table redundantly,
1) entire html table inside <web></web> tags
and
2)the entire tex table inside <tex></tex> tags

... keeping all of this stuff in between <startouttext /> and <endouttext
/>.

If I am creating a new problem I try to make a decision early on whether
there is likely to be some difficulty in getting both the pdf and html
renditions of the table working in a satisfactory way.

Putting response blocks inside tables certainly has it uses.... however
this then starts to bring me back to the problem of the real-estate required
by the standard response feedbacks.
e.g. "You are Correct etc etc"

Maybe I should start another whimsical discussion about that somehere else
though.

:-)
Cheers,
Ray

PS If you want I'd have a look at the code if you made it open source for
this particular problem.