[LON-CAPA-users] Spreadsheet question

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:36:55 -0600

Hi,

A question about the spreadsheet for the few others of you that use it.
 At the student level, I can use &SUMSEQ("F","regexp:Homework")
to sum all the values in column "F", in every folder that has "Homework"
in it, as an effective way to to get a homework total.

However, if a "Homework" folder has sub-folders, this does not recurse
down the tree, which is a "good thing" for many reasons.

I'm wondering, though, if there is a way to tell &SUMSEQ that I actually
want it to recurse through all sub-folders.  I'm finding this could be
really useful, instead of having to add each entry manually.
Thanks,

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics       Office:  Meyer Hall 326