[LON-CAPA-users] Cascading Style Sheets?

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 17:21:50 -0400

I'm still having trouble getting the html file to work. See
Chemistry/Labs/01-Techniques/Fire and Ice Lab/Instructions.html

I tried using the .css form of the file. With an html file, either file
(Basic.sty or Basic.css) works in the LINK statement, but ONLY if I am
working as Author, or editing as Course Coordinator. When I publish and
import into Course Documents, I no longer get the css effect. It also fails
if I log in as a student.

Does the resource pathname change when I am Author versus Course
Coordinator? I assume not... I use
/res/monroe/brewington/Common/css/Basic.css for my file spec.

Yeah, I thought the parameters would affect the subdirectories. If there is
a .problem file at the first directory, will the parameter follow into the
subdirectories? Sounds like not. I was thinking to use one scheme for labs,
another for Review Sheets, and another for Extra Credit problems. Oh, well.

It turns out I mistyped the file assignment (left out the final /css
directory) when I did the PPRM method of assigning the css file. Now that
works as advertised for .problem files. Good!

How does the <parameter> tag work? That could be useful to override the
PPRM settings...

So, the current difficulty is getting the .html files to work when the file
is a Course Document.

Thanks,
brew