[LON-CAPA-users] Cascading Style Sheets?

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sun, 3 Jun 2007 15:16:30 -0400

Still trying, but no results.

The approach of editing the Basic.html file, then copying to Basic.css, is
what I am currently doing.

Within an html file, the <LINK> tag works fine when I am Author, or when I
am CC and edit the file. During the editing process the css file is
applied; but, when I return to the CC Navigate Contents (or Course
Documents) and look at the file, the css is not applied.

For my Instructions.html file, the LINK tag uses an absolute path:
/res/monroe/brewington/Common/css/Basic.css. Perhaps this is not correct
for a resource in Course Documents? I don't know what it would be
instead... Is there an EXT type command that returns the root directory?

I found how to set the css file for the directory. It seems I need to use
Parameter Overview Mode instead of Table Mode. Never have understood the
difference between the two, but I now can set the "CSS file to link" for
the Labs directory. Tried both the absolute name
(/res/monroe/brewington/Common/css/Basic.css) and a relative path
(../../../Common/css/Basic.css) with no results. Stefan indicated I should
"use the relative resource space path of the published
css file". Not clear to me what the relative path would be:) As Author, it
makes sense, but as CC I don't know if I see the same folder structure.
Anyway, didn't seem to work with anything I tried.

Still clueless,
brew