[LON-CAPA-users] Publishing Library file

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:45:17 -0600

Hi,

So I'm creating a survey, and the answer to every question is
one of 6 options, so rather than coding this radiobutton response into
every question, I've created a .library file.  Problem is, I can't
publish it because LC complains that it has errors.  The code is pretty
basic, and I've included it below.  The error LC gives is:

ERROR:Found a <*response> outside of a <part> in a <part>ed problem

This is clearly true, because this is not designed to be an entire
problem.  Although I don't have any <part> tags at all.  What am I
missing that will allow me to do something like this?

Thanks,

Todd

--------------------------
<radiobuttonresponse direction="horizontal" max="6" randomize="no">

    <foilgroup>
<foil value="true" name="foil6">
<startouttext />
No Response<endouttext />
</foil>

<foil value="false" name="foil1">
<startouttext />Strongly Disagree<endouttext />
</foil>

<foil value="false" name="foil2">
<startouttext />Disagree<endouttext />
</foil>

<foil value="false" name="foil3">
<startouttext />Neutral<endouttext />
</foil>

<foil value="false" name="foil4">
<startouttext />Agree<endouttext />
</foil>

<foil value="false" name="foil5">
<startouttext />Strongly Agree<endouttext />
</foil>

    </foilgroup>

</radiobuttonresponse>
--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics       Office:  Meyer Hall 326