[LON-CAPA-users] Quick republish?

Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:59:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi James,

> While we are discussing features that would be nice to have I would find it
> useful to have a "Quick Republish" button or option. Currently there are 3
> clicks (publish, finalize publication, and then to return to the problem) to
> republish a problem.

problems with this are (and psossible workarounds I could implement)

- the 'Review Metadata' screen also does a validity check on the
  resource for errors and also a check for id number changes that could
  effect the results
   - I'm guessing what you would want is for us to only popup the
     screen when one of these warning/error conditions occur.
- The return to problem screen also shows the failure/success of the
  full publish,
   - I'm guessing you would also want this to only be shown when an
     error/warning  occurs.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-6-27,137