[LON-CAPA-users] Slots

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 23 May 2006 16:08:24 -0600

I knew I should have gone to the course coordinator's session at the
conference . . .

Anyway, I want to try to use slots to have students sign up for one of several
field trips.  I think I've figured out how two define the slots, from the
PARM page, but I'm not sure how to apply them.

Q1:  Can slots only be applied to bridge tasks?  If so, the rest of this can
probably be ignored.

Q2:  I've tried to apply the two slots that I have to a "score upload form",
to use as a placeholder.  Should this currently work, in principle?

Q3:  Both slots should currently be open, and I've set them to "anytime"
status for when students can reserve the slot.  But when I, as a student,
select the resource, nothing interesting happens.  As in, I don't get to
choose a slot.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics       Office:  Meyer Hall 326