[LON-CAPA-users] jsMath configuration

Mon, 22 May 2006 17:58:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Brew,

> I am trying to use jsMath to represent equations properly on web pages.
>
> In a problem, I use the <algebra>y=3333/4444</algebra> syntax.
> My minor problem: it looks crummy, because the font size used is too small.
>
> The jsMath site indicates this is common, and recommends using the
> following construct to scale up the font size:
>
> <script type="loncapa/jsMath"> jsMath = {Controls: {cookie: {scale:
>133}}} </script>

> The question is: where do I put this? Apparently it needs to go
>  before the jsMath.jar command is issued.

To pick some nits
1) it's the jsMath.js file,
2) you'd really want <script type="text/javascript">

Unfotunately, the JsMath.js will get loaded well before you can send
any hints to it.

Additioanly I'd like to try to make authoring not be tied to the
jsMath implementation (as the interface to it may change in ways that
make old resources stop working)

One thing to note, you can click on the "jsMath" text in the bottom
corner of the screen (once you have made jsMath the default) and set
the default mathematics size for your particular browser session.

I agree it likely would be nice to influence this in some way as an
author, but currently there isn't a great way, I suspect Felicia
not tth....

So I'm not sure what would be the best solution for this.

Any suggestions?

<algebra size="larger"> ?

<algebra scale="133%> ?

--