[LON-CAPA-users] Significant Figures

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 22 May 2006 17:05:47 -0400

Hi Durig,

>I want to assign problems in which answers are graded as incorrect if a
>student enters the incorrect number of significant figures. For example, if
>the student is asked for the speed of light to one significant figure I want
>3.0E8 m/s to be graded as incorrect.

There is a sig fig parameter you can use in the numerical response.
Just use the GUI editor and it should come up by default.  Unfortunately
for you, the student will not lose tries for 3.0E8 m/s.  The student
will just get a message that says to correct significant digits without
being penalized.  I do not know of a way to penalize a student for
inappropriate sig figs.

Felicia

--
Felicia Berryman