[LON-CAPA-users] feedback to students when handgrading essays

Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:00:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ray,

> Does anyone have some practical or creative suggestions as to efficient ways
> to get specific marker feedback to students who have submitted
> essayresponses?
>
> It is hard to envisage a way as efficient as making marks on a submitted piece
> of paper.

Well, 2.2 will allow for a handed back file. We envision this being
used as:

1. students submits a portfolio stored .doc file to a problem
2. intructors downlaods makes changes to the file and hands it back to
   the student
3. this file gets stroed in the student portfolio as a version of the
   file

Thus if the student had submitted  'file.doc' they will now have in
their portfolio

file.doc   -> the file that they can modify or otherwise muck with
file.1.doc -> exact copy of the file as it was submitted to the
              problem
file.2.doc -> the file the intructor handed it back to the user

This doesn't have the same ease of use as a red pen and a piece of
paper, but I'm not sure anything is.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137