[LON-CAPA-users] Internet Explorer configuration

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:44:13 -0400

I am seeing minor formatting issues in IE 6.00.

I work in Firefox, and things (of course) look fine.

The students, however, use school computers running IE 6.0. A number of
things do not work. They seem to center around special characters, such as
&theta or &rarr. They see the &theta expression rather than the special
character.

I tried the alternate mechanism in the character table (<m>$\theta$</m>),
but this also did not work. It will work if I use the &#952 for theta, for
example. This is pretty hard to read, of course; I would prefer not to use
this mechanism if possible.

I made sure the students enabled jsMath in their preferences, but this did
not help. They do see the little jsMath box at the lower right of the
screen.

Any suggestions on what might need to be configured?

Thanks,brew