[LON-CAPA-users] program another event to trigger "submit"

Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:51:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jay,

> I'd like to write some code that would use an alternate event to trigger a
> "submit".
>
> Details: I have a java applet that does various actions when the user
> presses "OK". I would like to add code that would simulate the user pressing
> the loncapa "submit answer" button. Obviously, I would also like to hide the
> "submit answer" button so that the user does not get confused about whether
> to press "OK" or "Submit Answer".
>
> Suggestions for how I might go about this?

There isn't any current mechansim for hiding the Submit answer button.

I persoanally would prefer that the Submit Answer button isn't worked
around, which is why the JME and reactionresponse work the way they do

- consitancy of interface
- ability for multiple response to be part of one part.

(Which is why imageresponse will get reworked to also make use of a
similar interface.)

That being said, you could write some JavaScript to find the
Submit Answer button and hide it's existance on page load.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-7-27,137