[LON-CAPA-users] Course Slots - What's that?

Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:22:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi Ray,

> I too would like to learn about slots.  What is the current
> implementation and use of this feature, and what will it be in a
> couple of months time?

The slot idea is to provide a configurable window of access to a
resource between the open and due dates.

And that this window of access can be either assigned by the
instructor or picked by a user.

(This is the first instance of basically a user setting a PARM for
themselves)

Slots and resources exist seperately and associations needed to be
created between them through either PARM or the slotrequest screens

Currently slot access requires protored access.

Going through the
/adm/helper/newslot.helper

Shows you the variety of possible options for a slot.
(Try both types, there are different options for both types)

For the future I hope to expand slots so that they work well when they
are applied to sequence and a user can schedule a whole sequence.

Additionally, the NAV screen currently doesn't understand slots and
thus displays inaccurate information about when access is allowed.

> We would like to run proctored online  placement exams in the near future.
> Slots sounds like something we will really be wanting.

This is currently being used to schedule access to computer labs.

And we want to get it to be used to control and schedule access to lab
equipment for a physics class.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137