[LON-CAPA-users] Course Slots - What's that?

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:17:32 -0500

Hi Lars,

This is part of the new bridge task features.  Lots of new features are
available based on slots but the interface has been customized for one
particular intro computer science class here at MSU.  Guy and Gerd plan
on generalizing bridge tasks for other purposes for the next major release.

Guy can explain slots better, but basically they are time slots that you
can define and assign to a problem or allow a student to request.  For
example, for use during proctored lab time.  I don't understand it all
myself and I'm probably explaining it wrong it is so new!  As Gerd likes
to say this feature is "bleeding edge."

Felicia