[LON-CAPA-users] printing in different fonts

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:53:56 -0500

Hi David,

> Is there a way to print problems using a different font?  I have a
> vision impared student who can only read Arial font.

Create a .sty file, for example ariel.sty with code such as:

<definetag name="problem">
    <render>
    </render>
</definetag>

<definetag name="/problem">
    <render>
    </render>
</definetag>

Publish the style file.  Then go to your course parm and click the
Course Environment.  There will be a field where you can specify which
style file your course will use.  I haven't tested this out, but this
should get you started.

LON-CAPA is in the middle of an accessibility study right now.  Would
you mind if I passed your name and email along to the director of the
MSU's center for people with disabilities for you?  He is currently
using a screen reader to analyze LON-CAPA and give suggestions for
improvement.

Felicia