[LON-CAPA-users] External resource

H. K. Ng lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 01 Dec 2006 08:32:08 -0500

Hi Guy,

> > Is there a way for the external resource link (under course document)
> > to show up as a separate page rather than in the bottom part of the frame?
>
>Not quite sure what you want here. (The frame is thee because without
>it we can't keep the navigation though other resource available)
>
>Do you want this external resource in the course?
>
>Or just as a link some where?

It is a link to somewhere else, (Blackboard :(). LC navigation tools
do not fit here since BB has it own frame and so. If I put a link on
BB back to LC, I end up with multiple frames of the same thing.
Basically, what I want is to specify a target for the external
resource so that the resource can either be displayed in the frame of
LC or in a separate window.

>You could create a Simple page, and include a link to the external
>resource in the simple page....

Problem here is that the user has to click twice ...

Thanks.
-hk