Guy Albertelli II
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:39:34 -0400 (EDT)
> This has probably been asked before, but what connection if any is there
> between the 'hidden' checkbox under DOCS and the hiddenresource parameters
> under PARM?
They are the same in functionality they are just different in level.
The DOCS checkbox is like in the Advanced RAT, setting the
hiddenresource Parameter for a RES box.
This value appears in the PARM screen in table mode in the second Pink
You can see this parameter in action by doing
- checking the hidden box in DOCS
- Reinit the course
- go to PARM -> Set/Modify Resource Parameters - Table Mode
- Select Parameter Level -> Resource Level
- Select Map or Enclosing Folder -> Whatever map contains the map
whose checkbox you just checked (If you just checked the map 'Exam 1',
which is inside the map 'Exam', you should select the map 'Exam'
- unselect all Parameters
- select only the parameter "Resource Hidden from Students (hiddenresource)"
- Click 'Update Parameter Display'
Now you should see listed all of the maps and resources that are in
the Folder you just selected, and in the second pink column
('Any User .. Resource Level .. from Enclosing Map or Folder')
You will see a yes for the folder you had just checked.
> Setting hiddenresource to YES for assignment 5b did not check the hidden
> box for Assignment 5b in DOCS.
Correct. It shouldn't. (Just like changing the tolerance of a problem
in a course does not modify the source code of the homework problem to
have the new tolerance.)
Make more sense?