[LON-CAPA-users] Physlets and Macs

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:37:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I know several of you out there are using physlets, and that several of
you are mac experts :)

I'm using physlets really heavily for the first time in a physical science
class. These are really simple (ball moving, measure average velocity,
etc...).

I have been using the initApplet check that is used in the new physlets
book to guarantee the main javascript is not executed until the applet
loads.

I have both a student and a colleague who say that the timer works, but
the animation does not show. This makes me believe the applet is okay (at
least functioning) but that the javascript is not behaving.

The resources are:

/res/ohiou/physlets/1dkinematics/measuring_velocity_01.problem
/res/ohiou/physlets/1dkinematics/measuring_velocity_02.problem
/res/ohiou/physlets/1dkinematics/5balls_xv_active02.problem
/res/ohiou/physlets/shm/shm_oscillate_optresp_1.problem

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
Mark
Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701