[LON-CAPA-users] gnuplot labels

Stuart Peter Raeburn lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:58:26 -0400

James,

I tried the example from http://help.loncapa.org/fom/cache/150.html in my
author account (created when I first installed LON-CAPA in January) on the
VCU library server.  I included a name attribute in the curve tag, and it
was displayed in the legend correctly, in both web brwoser and in PDF
printout.

It may be that an extra space before the closing > in one or more XML tags
are causing the problems in your case.   In order to get the FAQ-o-matic to
display LON-CAPA problem XML code in a readable form, an extra space
typically was added before the ending > in a tag.  After pasting example
code from FAQ-o-matic pages into the LON-CAPA XML editor I always begin by
removing these spaces to avoid potential rendering problems.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA development/support