[LON-CAPA-users] The Power of CAPA

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:42:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I just wanted to relate a quick tale of networking and the spread of CAPA.
As you may have surmised from earlier posts, there is an accounting
professor interested in LON-CAPA. He and a professor from MIS showed up
today and were quite impressed. This is exciting stuff.

Since I haven't really gone pounding the pavement too much here yet (at
least not to the Business school), I was curious what made them turn to
LON-CAPA. It turns out that both fellows had kids who had used the system
(both CAPA and LON-CAPA) in the past 6 years! The one fellow's daughter, a
pre-med, has been singing the praises of CAPA for years and telling him he
should look into it for his classes. The other fellow has used the system
helping both his kids with their college homework and it turns out his
daughter (who was in my class for a year) also used CAPA at Athens
High for Physics under Tom Stork!

I know this is not entirely uncommon, and Michigan people probably have
these tales to tell by the bundleful, but it's a fun reminder how the
system can spread through many different means.

Later,
Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701