[LON-CAPA-users] MSU coding for Scantron exam sheets

Earl F. Skelton lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 03 Oct 2005 12:19:31 -0400

I am trying to administer exams using lon-capa.  I have found the document, "A Guide to Building Your Exam", to be very helpful and I'm almost there.  Here's my problem:  In Scoring an Exam, you have the option of uploading a Scantron data file.  What is the format for that Scantron data file?  There is a wide range of Scantron sheets  available from Scantron (http://www.scantron.com/) and thus there is a wide range of formats.)

In the aforementioned instructions, it says, "In the format of the data file section, use MSU with CODE in separate location for coded exams and MSU without CODE for named exams."  So my question really is, "What exactly is the MSU code?"

Prof. Earl F. Skelton
Office:  Rm. 507, Reiss Science Bldg.
Department of Physics
Georgetown University