[LON-CAPA-users] Wipe out all discussions

Fri, 27 May 2005 16:39:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Lars,

> Is there a quick way to wipe out all discussions in a course. (This is
> useful when re-cycling a course for next semester.).

We generally suggest that one use the 'clone course' feature to create
a new course that is setup like an old course. (Clone copies over all
of the included materials, and parameters etc.)

Overall this is a significantly better idea then trying to 'clean ut'
and exisiting course and trying to use it again.

(This way the stats for the old course stays valid, and can be
revisite for later comparison, etc.)

If you _really_ _really_ _really_ need to remove all discussion for a
course there is a wizardly mechanism one might employ to do this but
I'd really rather not have people using it.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-2-6-