[LON-CAPA-users] Chem features

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 23 May 2005 21:46:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hey you chemists out there (Ray, Jim, Guy, Robley?) -

I'm looking for one or two sentence descriptions of the chemistry high
points of LON-CAPA. Can anybody fill in some of the blanks?

<chemresponse> - allows input and interpretation of chemical
nomenclature.?

<organicresponse> - allows graphical creation of organicmolecules which
then get entered into the answer box?

Any other special chem tags?

JME can be integrated into problems - on any server?

Any other things you'd mention?

I know that there are the standard pockets of chem problems - Jim's,
Ray's, MSUchem, Guy's?  Are there any particularly good areas to look for
300-level organic chemistry problems? Any textbook libraries online?

Thanks! (as you can tell, we're nearing a sales pitch to try and get our
chemist's to move from CAPA to LON-CAPA).

Mark
Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701