[LON-CAPA-users] Portfolio space

Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:33:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi Guy,

> > good day. i would like to ask, how much space do i have in my
> > portfolio at capa that is available for uploading files there?
>
> 1. How much space is allocated for each student?

20 megs (currently unconfigurable)

> 2. Since there is no need for a portfolio in my course, and I guess
> the student just wants extra hard disk space to store his MP3 files,
> is there a way to block this feature?

Not yet. Not clear how it would be. Portfolio's belong to a user, not
a course, so individual courses wouldn't have control over this
feature. Could make it a domain wide option though... perhaps a
'disable it domain wide by default' and a course can say "i need it"
and then the user can acquires a portfoilio space.

But they would then have access to it any time ...

> 3. If not, can I browse through his portfolio if he doesn't submit
> anything?

No. By design. We want to allow users to open access to individul
files but want to avoid making it an easy way to ditribute MP3s.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-2-9-