[LON-CAPA-users] hiddenresource

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:41:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi Lars,

> What exactly does hiddenresource do.

Exactly the same thing that 'Hidden' check box in DOCS lets you
do. But allows you to use it on individual students, sections etc.

> I have a folder with exam problems, and set hiddenresource to "yes"
> for the students and I don't see anyhting being hidden when I login
> as a student.... (I know I can hide the resource by checking the
> little checkbox next to the folder in DOCS.)

Hrrm, I'd really like to see this failing, it has worked for me in all
of my test cases here.

(Note that s this is a PARM, it has the same 10 minutes until i take
effect caching effect that all other PARMs also have.)

(And addtionally this PARM is only checked upon entry into the
course.)

(Please ignore Gerd's comments on this matter, he is incorrect about
the state of this functionality. The fact that these work from PARM is
a new 1.3 feature.)

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-2-9-