[LON-CAPA-users] hiddenresource

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:51:55 -0500

On Mar 7, 2005, at 2:38 PM, Ray Batchelor wrote:

> On March 7, 2005 11:16 am, Gerd Kortemeyer wrote:
>> hiddenresource should at the moment not show up in PARM - a bug, it's
>> not supported yet on that level. It only works from DOCS.
>>

> I am assuming that this is different from the parameter
> "List of hidden parts [Part: 0] (hiddenparts)"
> which seems to work OK for me (or so I hope).
>
> :-)

Yes, hiddenparts is fully implemented the normal way. hiddenresource is
still only half-way there and should not be shown in PARM.

On the other hand, hiddenresource (like hidden/encrypted URL) has the
interesting feature of recursively being inherited by nested folders,
meaning, you can hide a whole tree with one click. All "normal"
parameters only work within the immediate content of a folder.

One of these days, we are going to sort out all of this.

Gerd Kortemeyer, Ph.D.
Michigan State University
http://www.lite.msu.edu/kortemeyer/