[LON-CAPA-users] Wipe out all discussions

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 15:59:53 -0600

Hi Lars,

Quoting Lars Jensen <jensen@physics.unr.edu>:

> In CCRS there are two settings:
>
> (1) "Section numbers and section/group IDs"
>
> and
>
> (2) "Crosslisted Courses"
>
> What is a crosslisted course?

As far as I know, this is really only important for the auto-enrollment
features.  For example, a lasers class might have a number in physics like
phgn392, as well as one in engineering like eggn392.  Regardless of which of
these classes the student registers for, it is the same class that meets at the
same time with the same instructor, etc.

> Is (1) just a way of creading multiple identical courses that only
> differ by a section number?

Yup.  So we have three separate lecture sections, and 6 separate labs, so I
actually create 18 sections for my course.  This allows the lecturer for
lecture #1 to interact with only his or her students via the <feedback>
mechanisms, etc.

All sections still get the same homework, but the due dates can be different by
section.

Todd

--
Dr. Todd G. Ruskell                         Phone: 303-384-2080
Lecturer, Department of Physics             FAX:   303-273-3919