[LON-CAPA-users] Page cannot be displayed when using "back"

Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:38:08 -0500 (EST)

Hi Guy,

> After I print, if I press the back button on my browser I get "the
> page cannot be displayed" browser error.

Hrrm, I wonder what the reason is....

> In the past I didn't get
> that. I don't know if this is because I changed from win2K to winXP,
> or because I upgraded to 1.3, because both happened around the same
> time. Any thoughts?

In 1.3 we started setting the Expires Header on resource pages to work
around some aggrresive caching settings some browsers are on.

In some cases you should get the 'The page cannot be displayed
_because the page has exired from cache and in order to get it again,
I'd have to send the post parameters again_ Do you want me to do
that?'

As opposed to the 'the page cannot be displayed' because it sent a
404 error message.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-