[LON-CAPA-users] Forcing a hint to appear

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:14:53 -0800

Hi G-A,
              I haven't tried this myself, but:
in PARM there is the parameter "Number of Tries before hints appear",
it seems to default to 1, but maybe it could be set to 0?

Otherwise you could 'merely' put a condinital block as part of the question
statement and make the condition depend on a variable
&EXT(user.resource.resource.<partid>.tries) being equal to 0.

Again, haven't tried this, myself (at least not in recent memory), but I'd be
interested to know if it works for you.

Cheers,
Ray