[LON-CAPA-users] multipart problem in test

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:10:20 -0500

Hi Nathan,

On Dec 8, 2005, at 10:00 AM, Nathan Schoenack wrote:

> I want to use a multipart problem in a scantron test.  If that
> multipart problem is question 8, can I safely assume that, for
> grading purposes, the first part is question 8 on the scantron
> form, the second part is question 9?

Yes, that's what's going to happen, unless of course, the earlier
problems are also generating more than one bubble-line.

On the other hand: why do you need to know? LON-CAPA takes care of
the bubble-line-to-problem association. For example, if you have an
optionresponse problem and use it on an exam, it generates a bubble-
line for every foil:

What happens to the efficiency of a Carnot engine?
13. () higher  () same  () lower "You increase TH"
14. () higher  () same  () lower "You decrease TH"
15. () higher  () same  () lower "You increase TL"

- but LON-CAPA sorts that out just fine.

- Gerd.