[LON-CAPA-users] Self-grading Problem - Any suggestions?

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:34:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

This one's for the creative gurus out there. One of my colleagues wants to
give 'warmups'. These questions are simply to get the students to read and
login before the class.

He is not interested in a series of MC questions, but rather an essay
question or two. On the other hand, he only wants to grade on the
submission of a response, not on the quality of a response.
This score should show up in the GRDS area. And we're not really
interested in using the Spreadsheet unless this is the only way to do it.

Thoughts:

* Create an essay response that then pops up a second part radiobutton
with an obvious answer once the student has submitted an answer.

* Is there any way to create it such that the problem grades itself? Can a
script in the problem STORE a value? (I figure this is dangerous and not
allowed, but I thought I'd ask)

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701